Indian Administrative ServiceIPS was formerly known as Imperial Civil Service (ICS) is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.The only thing constant in today’s world is “change”. Similarly to keep up with dynamic syllabus of IPS, LK Coaching designs IPS Coaching syllabus in Surat, in such a manner which covers up with all the current information.On average, 900,000 to 1,000,000 candidates apply every year.
The examination consists of the following three stages:
Stage I: Preliminary examination - A qualifying test advertised in Feb-March and held in June-July each year.
Stage II: Main examination
Stage III: Personality Test (interview)
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
• Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
• Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
• General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization General Science
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision-making and problem solving
• General mental ability
•Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)